Stellenbosch-based, Alan Knott-Craig is a successful businessman, best-selling author and social entrepreneur, Chairman of a wireless broadband provider, and founder of an NGO rolling out free Wi-Fi in poor communities.
Originally from Pretoria, he studied at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (formerly UPE) and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2002 and has subsequently invested or funded 21 companies in the TMT space (Technology, Media & Telecommunications).
Alan was named as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in 2009. Forbes listed him as one of the top 10 young African millionaires to watch. He was also included in “100 Choiseul Africa”, a list of top 100 young African business leaders in 2014, and nominated as a 2015 ICT ‘Personality of the Year’ by ITWeb.
His key talk topics are:
- Doing business in the Age Of The Mobile Web
- Why the future of SA is bright
- Rise, fall, rebirth: Lessons learnt as a tech entrepreneur
- The secret to being a successful entrepreneur
- How we can roll out free WiFi for all Africa