This award-winning South African Sport Television Presenter, MC, radio presenter and boxing ring announcer – is fluent in English and French..
Carol currently is an anchor for Mnet Supersport’s various programmes in football, boxing and rugby and is a regular feature on their channels. She also presents her own show – “Love PSL” which focuses on the lifestyle of football.
Previously she was the only female soccer anchor, presenting live Premier Soccer League matches on ‘Laduma’ on SABC 1
Carol began broadcasting in 2000 for the youth sports programme “Sportsbuzz”. Within a year she was a field reporter for the soccer show “Soccer Special” and soon earned the prestigious accolade of being the first female sports anchor of a major TV show, “Mabaleng”, previously hosted by Robert Marawa and Martin Locke. She also hosted the 2003 and 2008 ‘Miss South Africa and Miss South Africa teen’ pageants.
In 2011 she had the esteemed honour of hosting the biggest soccer accolade in the world – The FIFA Ballon D’or in Zurich with CNN anchor, Pedro Pinto. In 2012 she was their guest of honour in Zurich.
She has been involved in such prestigious productions as the 2010 World Cup preliminary draw (broadcast live across the world), the 46664 Nelson Mandela concert, the All Africa Games, Blue I.Q, the Comrades and City to City marathons, the Durban July Handicap and the world Karate Cup. Carol has also covered 2 Olympics and Paralympic Games, the Commonwealth Games in Australia and the FIFA world cup in Germany (2006) and in South Africa in 2010.
As a radio journalist, Carol moved from Kaya fm, where she compiled and presented daily sports bulletins for the breakfast show, to Radio 2000 where she now anchors ‘Beyond the Game’ daily from 15h00-18h00, the first dedicated ‘drive time’ sports show in SA.
Carol is also a seasoned ring announcer and her passion for the sport of boxing and her level of professionalism has seen her ring-announce many top class bouts and world title fights.
As an MC, she has hosted, amongst others, the following events:
- FIFA Ballon D’or Gala
- SA Sport Awards
- FIFA football symposium (Frankfurt, Germany)
- The FIFA Congress
- Annual Premier Soccer League awards
- Annual Boxing awards (every year since 2003)
- The Launch of the African Cup of Nations
- The launch of SABC Sport
- The launch of the ABSA Cup
- The United School Sports Association of South Africa Awards
- The Launch of the new Nike headquarters
- The Blue IQ Nelson Mandela Marathon and The Kaizer Chiefs ‘End of Season’ awards.
Her accolades include:
- 1 of the Top 10 Women in Radio in SA – MTN Yello Rose award, 2011
- Best Sports Presenter -Television at the SAFA (South African Football Association) Awards – 2010
- Best Radio Journalist – SAB Sports Journalists awards 2009
- Best Television Presenter – for the 2003/2004 PSL soccer season
- Best television newcomer- SAB Sports Journalist of the Year awards 2001