“Colleen-Joy is a masterful teacher, in the league of the power and simplicity of Byron Katie’s work and the deep insight of Debbie Ford, enabling others to find enlightened wisdom.” ~ Debra Stevens Robins, Editor Odyssey Magazine
Colleen-Joy is a five-star rated speaker and published author who has taught over 35,000 people in 60 countries, delivering over 4,000 presentations. Two documentary television features were made about her inspiring life story (for Journey to the Core and Kyknet’s ‘Bloudruk’). She has been a frequent ‘expert guest’ on television, radio, and podcasts.
Her personal story is remarkable; while some children are afraid of monsters under the bed, Colleen, at just four years of age was the monster. An egg-sized tumour behind her right eye drew gasps and ‘what’s-wrong-with-you’ stares. During nine hours of surgery to remove the tumour, Colleen died twice and was left with haunting memories of what it was like to be freed from the torture chamber and to experience 360-degrees of love, joy and peace, which her young mind called home.
By the age of thirteen, crippling shyness and depression drove her to want to follow the exit sign hovering in her mind i.e. suicide. But an inner peace asked her to choose a reason to live that was greater than the pain of being alive. She chose to live to find wisdom and three decades later, that’s the space in which she now lives.
“Wisdom is not knowledge,” she says, “it’s clear-sightedness and that’s how Colleen spends her days, teaching people how to build their own wisdom wells in order to find their way back to love, peace and joy.
After hearing Colleen-Joy speak, Neale Donald Walsch, best-selling author of the ‘Conversations with God’ series, said, “You belong on an international stage.”
Her achievements include having:
- become an ICF accredited MCC Master Coach (one of less than 500 in the world)
- Her 5 star-rated ‘InnerLifeSkills Manager as Coach Training‘ programme was shortlisted in the Top 5 for the prestigious ICF Prism Award
- her ‘InnerLifeSkills Master Coaching” methodology has been taught to EXCO, managers, schools, SME owners, spiritual leaders, financial planners, and executive coaches in over 60 countries
- published 3 books
- had 2 documentary television features made about her life story (for ‘Journey to the Core’ and KykNet’s Bloudruk)
- made frequent appearances on television, radio, in magazines, and as a podcast guest