Co-author, with Brad Shorkend, of “We Are Still Human”, Andy is an Employee Experience* Specialist. In short: someone who willingly spends their time ‘geeking’ out about employee experience and studying and designing how organisations can create and sustain an awesome employee experience for their people…and then helping them do it.
The co-author of ‘We Are Still Human (and work shouldn’t suck)’, Andy was named one of South Africa’s Top 50 Business Women to Watch in 2018, by Entrepreneur Magazine.
An avid researcher, keen speaker, and facilitator, she is passionate about the fact that too many people are having a below-average or bad experience at work which is directly-linked to below-average business performance. People and businesses need to work together for mutual thriving. Andy has built her career around helping companies get culture and employee experience right and for the better part of a decade, she has been working with companies of all shapes and sizes across various industries to do just this.
Andy has spent almost a decade immersed in all things company culture and employee experience design. From personal work experience in both awesome and awful environments to time spent studying, interviewing, watching, and touring some of the most prominent – and some of the most obscure ‘companies-behaving-awesomely around the world.
“We live and work in a day and age where business relies more heavily than ever on people’s intellectual capabilities and contributions, and where change comes at us relentlessly fast (think COVID-19). In these times creating an environment where human beings thrive, feel a sense of psychological safety and a sense of being a part of something, is critical to business success” she says.
Employee Experience is the business discipline that brings every touchpoint between business and employees together to intentionally deliver an experience that ensures that people are being switched on and grown and not being switched off and depleted.
*the sum of everything in the work environment that creates how employees are made to feel and whether they are being switched-on and grown or switched-off and depleted – as defined by Still Human.
Qualifications and Public Forums
- BA BRAND BUILDING AND MANAGEMENT – Vega
- THE SCIENCE OF HAPPINESS – Berkley
- INDUSTRIAL AND ORGANISATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY – UNISA
- BRENE BROWN – DARE TO LEAD – 2019
- DESIGN THINKER FACILITATOR ACCREDITATION – Experience Point (Dubai)
- WORLDWIDE ASSOCIATION OF BUSINESS COACHES
- EVOLVED COACH, NLP COACH, EVOLVED NLP COACH and EVOLVED NLP PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION
- ACCREDITED FACILITATOR – Heart Of Leadership (Worldsview)
- CERTIFIED W O R K P L A C E COACH – Results Coaching Systems
- P R O F E S S I O N A L TRAINER DIPLOMA – (ACTP – ICF)
- ACCOLADES & MEDIA …
- BRUCE WHITFIELD THE MONEY SHOW – covered the ‘Business Unusual’ & ‘The Science of segments.
- DELIVERING HAPPINESS – online publication guest writer.
- CULTURE AMP – online publication, guest writer.
- POMELLO – online publication, guest writer.
- NEWZROOM AFRIKA – Expert contributor on company culture and remote working