Kieno’s recent work in programme direction includes:
- the SA Innovation Summit where he managed the main stage presentations and discussion panels
- MC For Africa Arena 2018 which focussed on tech innovations and entrepreneurship
- MC’ing and facilitating at the Western Cape Funding Fair on several occasions
- the IDCEE – which is a tech conference in Kiev bringing tech entrepreneurs in Central and Eastern Europe together with international investors.
- ACSA supplier engagement and Mu l t i cho i c e shareholder engagements with its board
“Kieno in Business” is a talk show host on 567 MW Cape Talk, a platform he uses to engage big business, small businesses and politicians on the state of entrepreneurship in South Africa.
He does not only talk about entrepreneurship, but he lives it as well. Kieno has angel invested in a drone platform business, while through his strategy business, is currently partnered in the Ai space, bringing TB diagnosis to South Africa, using machine learning deep neural networks.
Kieno has also recently completed an executive course at MIT focussing on AI and how it impacts business strategy.