With his understanding of current affairs, particularly pan-African issues, and knowledge of business affairs, Peter Ndoro has become a sought after Conference Facilitator, Master of Ceremonies and Programme Director both in South Africa and abroad.
Peter is currently a current affairs anchor/producer for the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC).
With over two decades of experience as a broadcaster, both in television and radio, Peter is a familiar face and voice in Africa. He returned to South Africa in 2011 after a three year stint as a news anchor/producer at the BBC World Service in London. There he specialised in Pan-African news and current affairs. Other appointments saw him producing and presenting business programmes for CNBC Africa where he was also the Director for Corporate Communications. He also spent some years at SABC Africa presenting their flagship pan-African breakfast news programme. Other assignments include work at the business channel Summit TV as a prime-time Business News Anchor and as a Presenter on the Pay TV channel, M-Net. Listeners also heard his voice on Talk Radio 702, Highveld Stereo and SAfm.
Peter trained as an accountant at Coopers & Lybrand and graduated from the University of South Africa with a degree in Accounting. Prior to entering the broadcast arena, he worked in accounting, advertising, marketing and business management.
Recent assignments have included:
- A series live for television business briefings with President Zuma and other cabinet ministers
- UNDP Agribusiness Forum moderating a High-level Public-Private Dialogue
- Africa Capacity Indicators 2012 Launch and Roundtable (London UK)
He has also been engaged as
- the Moderator for sessions for the World Economic Forum in South Africa
- the facilitator for Presidential Business Forums’ Paul Kagame/Yoweri Museveni
- Moderator for Koffi Annan’s Africa Green Revolution Conference in Oslo
- the link-man for numerous Pan-African Gala events
- the MC for more than 200 Gala Dinners and events