Masego ‘Maps’ Maponyane is a South African-born, multi-talented TV presenter, actor, producer, philanthropist, and businessman.
As an entrepreneur Maps has a passion for start-up SME’s, and his love for education led to him starting Bursary Network and being a director of Silicon Maboneng and Tuta-Me.
His passion for giving back and desire to improve the lives of people around him inspired him to volunteer at the Ethembeni Children’s Home where he sits on their board. He also serves as a board member at WWF SA, and has recently become a UNICEF advocate.
One of South Africa’s most-loved personalities, Maps is considered one of the nation’s most-stylish and sexiest men and is greatly-admired media icons. Maps’ down-to-earth, professional yet warm personality, make him a social media favourite.
He obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies, French and English, and International Human Rights (majors) at the University of the Witwatersrand.
Some of his noteworthy achievements include:
- YOU Magazine YOU Spectacular Most Stylish Male Celeb
- GQ Magazine Cover
- Fashion Times: Weekly Cover
- Grazia Man: Magazine Cover
- Joop! Homme Ambassador
- YOU Magazine Most-Stylish Male Nominee
- Feather Awards: Best-Styled Male of the Year
- GQ’s Cool 35 Guys Under 35
- Vuzu 10over10 #1 Most-Stylish Man
- Vuzu 10over10 #1 Sexiest Man (twice)
- Cosmo SA Sexiest Man
- Sowetan Mzanzi’s Sexiest Top 12
- House and Leisure Rising Star
- SA Style Award; Most-Stylish Model/Media Personality
- GQ’s Best Dressed Men List (2011) and the youngest nominee.
His good works include:
- Community and Organisational work with NGO Doctors Without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontieres)
- Volunteer at Ethembeni Children’s Home
- Bursary network