Born and bred in South Africa, Jane Dutton has interviewed world leaders, politicians, criminals and shape-changers. She has over twenty years of international television broadcast experience as a Senior News Anchor, is a sought-after Discussion Panel Mediator on political, environmental and economic forums and has a strong reputation for her interviewing techniques and for eliciting scintillating debate.
In depth knowledge of International Politics with a particular interest in Middle Eastern and African Affairs equips her ideally to manage corporate events where the goal is to share a broad global understanding with the audience.
Some of Jane’s Moderator/Panel Chair/MC roles have included:
- The EURASIAN MEDIA FORUM; the Doha International Family Institute
- Qatar National Food Security Programme on environmental sustainability for COP18
- GREENMEDIA (COP18) ‘Public-Private Partnerships’ and ‘Technology and Innovation’ panels
- The FINANCIAL TIMES Carnegie-Mellon ‘Future of Media conference’
- BP CORPORATE – Freelance Presenter for BP’s annual report, including interviews with Sir John Browne
- DOHALAND – Presenter of a half-hour documentary about an innovative building project within Doha
- CITYBIZ – Presenter with focus on doing business in Doha
- 2018 to present – ‘Tonight with Jane Dutton’ on eNCA
- 2005 – 2017 – Principal News and Current Affairs Presenter – AL JAZEERA ENGLISH (main presenter on ‘Newshour’ – Al Jazeera’s flagship news programme. Also anchor of the social media-dominated Newsgrid
- 2009 – LAUREUS SPORTS’ AWARDS – Director/Producer of several packages for the charity’s annual awards ceremony.
- 2004-2005 – Package producer, reporter and presenter of The Business of Development – CNBC EUROPE AND U.S. (London)
- 2004-2006 – CNBC EUROPE AND U.S. – Freelance Director of The Business of Development
- 2003-2004 – Regular freelance TV Presenter – BBC WORLD London)
- 2001-2002 – Morning International TV News Presenter CNN (London)
- 2000-2001 – TV Travel Presenter – Hotspots – CNN (London)
- 1999-2000 – Evening TV News Presenter – ETV (Cape Town, South Africa)
- 1998–1999 Duty News Editor and Drive-time Presenter CAPE TALK RADIO (South Africa)
- 1997-1998 – ITN – Freelance TV News Reporter for Channel 5 News (London)
- 1996-1997 – Studio Presenter and outside broadcast reporter – L!VE TV (London)
1993-1996 – TV News Correspondent and Bureau Chief – SABC TV (London)
Jane says: “Amongst those interviews that I cherish most are: Nelson Mandela, Asais Afwerki, Mikhail Saak’ashvili, Tony Blair, Judge Richard Goldstone, Benjamin Netanyahu, Angela Merkel and Prachandra – leader of Nepal’s Maoists. In addition I fronted the South African elections in 2009 and the Nepal elections in 2007. I also led pivotal breaking news stories on international history-making events including Saddam Hussein’s capture, Muammar Gaddaffi’s death and the Paris and Brussels Attacks. I was also the lead anchor, providing live, on-location, reporting in the coverage of Donald
Trump’s inauguration from Washington DC and Egypt’s revolution from Cairo in January 2011.