A regular on 702, she hosts ‘The Day that Was with Jane Dutton’ on the EWN YouTube channel.
Born and bred in South Africa, Jane Dutton is a News Anchor with more than 25 years experience on Al Jazeera, CNN, BBC World, CNBC and eNCA.
She is now heading up Primedia’s move into the TV and visual space with a show of her own and a podcast – both coming up, including presenting a half-hour programme on SABC.
Jane is a renowned Master of Ceremonies and Panel Host, leading the conversations in South Africa and abroad; her broad perspective on events ensure she is in high demand.
She has interviewed world leaders, politicians, criminals and shape-changers. With over twenty years of international television broadcast experience as a Senior News Anchor, Jane is a sought-after Discussion Panel Mediator on political, environmental and economic forums and has a strong reputation for her interviewing techniques and for eliciting scintillating debate.
An in-depth knowledge of international politics, with a particular interest in Middle Eastern and African Affairs, equips her ideally to manage corporate events where the goal is to share a broad global understanding with the audience.
Some of Jane’s Moderator/Panel Chair/MC roles have included:
- The EURASIAN MEDIA FORUM; the Doha International Family Institute
- Qatar National Food Security Programme on environmental sustainability for COP18
- The FINANCIAL TIMES Carnegie-Mellon ‘Future of Media conference’
- BP CORPORATE – Freelance Presenter for BP’s annual report, including interviews with Sir John Browne
- DOHALAND – Presenter of a half-hour documentary about an innovative building project within Doha
- CITYBIZ – Presenter with focus on doing business in Doha
- 2018 to 2022. Presenter of prime time news and current affairs shows at eNCA (South Africa)
- 2005 – 2018 – Principal News and Current Affairs Presenter AL JAZEERA ENGLISH (Qatar)
- 2004 – 2005 – Package producer, reporter and presenter of ‘The Business of Development’ programme
on CNBC EUROPE AND U.S. (London)
- 2003-2004 Regular freelance TV Presenter – BBC WORLD (London)
- 2001-2002 Morning International TV News Presenter CNN (London)
- 2000-2001 TV Travel Presenter – ‘Hotspots’ CNN (London)
- 1999-2000 Evening TV News Presenter – ETV (Cape Town, South Africa)
Her most cherished interviews include those with:
- Nelson Mandela
- Tony Blair
- Judge Richard Goldstone
- Benjamin Netanyahu and
- Angela Merkel.
She also led pivotal breaking news stories on international history-making events including Saddam Hussein’s capture, Muammar Gaddafi’s death and the Paris and Brussels attacks. She was also the lead anchor, providing live, on-location, reporting in the coverage of Donald Trump’s inauguration.