Born and bred in South Africa, Jane Dutton anchors “The South African Morning” on eNCA.
She has interviewed world leaders, politicians, criminals and shape-changers. She has over twenty years of international television broadcast experience as a Senior News Anchor, is a sought-after Discussion Panel Mediator on political, environmental and economic forums and has a strong reputation for her interviewing techniques and for eliciting scintillating debate.
An In-depth knowledge of International Politics with a particular interest in Middle Eastern and African Affairs equips her ideally to manage corporate events where the goal is to share a broad global understanding with the audience.
Some of Jane’s Moderator/Panel Chair/MC roles have included:
- The EURASIAN MEDIA FORUM; the Doha International Family Institute
- Qatar National Food Security Programme on environmental sustainability for COP18
- GREENMEDIA (COP18) ‘Public-Private Partnerships’ and ‘Technology and Innovation’ panels
- The FINANCIAL TIMES Carnegie-Mellon ‘Future of Media conference’
- BP CORPORATE – Freelance Presenter for BP’s annual report, including interviews with Sir John Browne
- DOHALAND – Presenter of a half-hour documentary about an innovative building project within Doha
- CITYBIZ – Presenter with focus on doing business in Doha
- 2018 to current. Presenter of prime time news and current affairs shows at eNCA (South Africa). Currently host of ‘The South African Morning’ (the most viewed news programme in the country).
2005 – 2018 – Principal News and Current Affairs Presenter AL JAZEERA ENGLISH (Qatar)
Main presenter on Newshour Al Jazeera’s flagship news programme. Also a presenter on the social
media-dominated Newsgrid as well as daily current affairs show, Inside Story.
Other responsibilities included research and presenting own interviews on local and international
2004 – 2005 – Package producer, reporter and presenter of The Business of Development programme
CNBC EUROPE AND U.S. (London)
2003-2004 Regular freelance TV Presenter – BBC WORLD (London)
2001-2002 Morning International TV News Presenter CNN (London)
2000-2001 TV Travel Presenter – ‘Hotspots’ CNN (London)
1999-2000 Evening TV News Presenter – ETV (Cape Town, South Africa)
1997-1998 ITN – Freelance TV News Reporter for Channel 5 News (1997-8 in London)
1996-1997 Studio Presenter and outside broadcast reporter L!VE TV (London)
1993-1996 TV News Correspondent and Bureau Chief SABC TV (London)
Jane says: amongst those interviews she cherishes the most are those with: Nelson Mandela, Asais Afwerki, Mikhail Saak’ashvili, Tony Blair, Judge Richard Goldstone, Benjamin Netanyahu, Angela Merkel and Prachandra – leader of Nepal’s Maoists. In addition, she fronted the South African elections in 2009 and the Nepal elections in 2007. Jane also led pivotal breaking news stories on international history-making events including Saddam Hussein’s capture, Muammar Gaddaffi’s death and the Paris and Brussels attacks. She was also the lead anchor, providing live, on-location, reporting in the coverage of Donald Trump’s inauguration from Washington DC and Egypt’s revolution from Cairo in January 2011.
Sought after Discussion Panel Mediator on political, environmental and economic forums, Janes has a strong reputation for her interviewing techniques and eliciting scintillating debate. She is also acclaimed for her adaptable, modern interviewing style with a reputation for coaxing responses from reluctant interviewees and a hard-hitting, tactical questioning approach.